A content management system (commonly known as CMS) is a computer application that is used to create, edit, manage and publish content in a website / blog in a very organized manner. The CMS may include computer files, image media, audio files, video files, electronic documents and the content management system is commonly use to simplify the publication of content to a website, because CMS allows person to submit, organize and publish content without requiring any kind of technical knowledge of HTML. It helps us to keep the content up to date, which is again very beneficial from Search Engine Optimization (SEO) point of view.
Benefits of an CMS Solution:
- Easy to create, edit, organize and publish content of website
- Its very user friendly, no technical (HTML) knowledge or IT staff required to operate it
- Keep the content updated, so it is helpful in SEO
- Can be easily customized, as per individual needs
- Immediate updating of information / content
- Ideal for non-technical users, who want to communicate effectively over the website.
- Live pages can be entirely static unless absolutely necessary.
Main CMS Tools:
- Zen Cart
- Social Bookmarking
- Maganto and more